Registration of a limited company
Registration and operation of a limited company.
To register and run a private limited company you have to:
- Incorporate a limited company and provide it with a capital.
- Choose a unique name for your company
- Prepare the company documentation needed for registration or file an online application if you setting up your company electronically.
- Appoint the company officers.
- Provide the registered office address.
- Register your company with Companies House.
- If you intend to start trading then you have to register your limited company with HM Revenue & Customs for corporation tax.
- Comply with the disclosure and inspection requirements imposed on limited companies.
- File the annual Confirmation Statement to Companies House.
- Maintain accounts and keep company books.
- Calculate and pay Corporation Tax to HMRC.
- If necessary Register for VAT with HMRC.
- Establish whether your company has to pay the local Business Rates.