Customer Identification Requirements
Due to our legal obligations in complying with the Anti-Money Laundering regulations
and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, we must obtain a proof of identity (ID)
and proof of address from all customers who wish to purchase any of our address or
accountancy services. Both documents must be provided by the account holder, all directors
and shareholders of a company who own and control 25% or more of a company,
which uses our address services or accountancy services.

The following documents can be accepted:

Proof of identity (ID):

– Current Passport
– Current National Identity Card
– Travel documents (issued in the UK by the Home Office)
– Current full UK Photocard Driving Licence (provisional licences are acceptable for under 18s only)
– HM Forces identity card
– Current Student Card
– Documents must

The document must have a photo with good quality, be signed and the expiry date must be clear.

Proof of address (the document must be dated within the last three months)

– Utility bill
– Telephone bill– mobile phone bills are not acceptable
– Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement
– Mortgage statement from a recognised lender
– Council tax bill
– Credit card bill
– TV Licence

It is required that the document bears the full and complete address. P.O Box and C/O addresses cannot be accepted.
Please note that the same document cannot be used to verify both your address and identity.

UK Resident clients

If you are a UK resident client, we can verify your UK ID documents electronically using our online verification system in order to speed up the incorporation process and avoid costs of certification. However, please note that we will still need to receive a copy of your proof of ID and address either by email or post.

Document certification for EU Resident clients

Proof of identification and proof of address must be certified.
Who can certify documents?

– bank or building society official
– councillor
– minister of religion
– doctor
– chartered accountant
– solicitor or notary
– teacher or lecturer


Document Certification for Non-EU Resident clients

Proof of identification and proof of address must be notarised by a Public Notary.

All documents must be in English or translated into English by an Official Sworn Translator.

The person you ask to certify the document shouldn’t be related to you or living at the same address or in a relationship with you.

How to certify your documents?

Ask the person who certifies the document to write ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’ on the document. The same person should sign and date
it, print their name under the signature and provide occupation, address and telephone number.

Please send scanned copies of the documents to or hard copies by post to:

Compliance Team
Best Formations Limited
28-29 The Broadway
Ealing, London, W5 2NP
United Kingdom

Help and advice
We have tried to answer as many common questions as possible on these pages, but if you do require further assistance
or have any other questions then please give us a call on +44 (0) 20 7060 7326 and we will be happy to help.